Thursday, January 23, 2014

Italian Men Look So Stylish

During my current travels in Italy, I’ve been keeping a watchful eye on the style sense of the Italians, if not for any other apparent reason at least for the fact that Italians are always praised for their stylishness and eye for fashion.
I have to admit, the more Italian style I see, the less convinced I am about this so called “elegance and style that can only be found in Italy”. Unless we’re talking about men’s style, of course.
Generally speaking Italian men look very stylish and polished. The way men dress in Florence, for example, it almost looks like style is something completely effortless for them, something that comes automatically and naturally for them. Who knows, maybe it does. And it’s usually the small touches that make the biggest impression, like a well cut suit, matching belt and shoes, a raised collar of a shirt or simply the way they comb their hair. I’m telling you, it’s either just one of the latter or all of them. The end result is the same: Great style.
Unfortunate I haven’t been able to come to same result of women’s style. At least not yet. So far I have not seen a single woman who I would have looked and said: This woman looks feminine and stylish. I have to say that most of the looks and styles I’ve come across so far, have been borderline trashy and cheap, but maybe with a touch of that Italian classiness (we are in Italy, after all). I guess I’m still waiting to be inspired by the women’s style.

No comments:

Post a Comment